Day 6 is another one of the more relaxing day, lazing around in the hotel, and spend our time the whole day at Ximending. I think Ximending is a heaven for girls, and yes a heaven for devil like me too! Its really a trendy shopping place! Let’s start with my itinerary alright?
- Breakfast @ Hotel and Laze around!
- Proceed straight to Ximending for Lunch. We went to Jin Yuan Pork Chop restaurant @ Ximending. The pork chops noodles are to-die-for.
- Its pretty easy to come here cos its situated opposite Modern Toilet Restaurant (remember from my last post?)
- Just follow the instruction (direction) as Toilet Modern Restaurant. When you see 7-eleven on your right, turn into the alley (the same alley where the Modern Toilet Restaurant entrance) right next to it and continue to walk straight. You will see Jin Yuan Pork Chop on your right not too far from 7-eleven. =)
- I actually ask the Jin Yuan Pork Chop guys on which store is the original store and he mention that there is no original Jin Yuan Pork Chop store per say as the original owner son actually sold the franchise to a number of people. And this store at Ximending actually was one of the first one to own the franchise. He mention they are the oldest store among the other franchise. So be your own judge. =)
The Pork Chop Noodle!
Fried Internal Organ (hiak hiak)
- Anyway we walk around buying stuff and then my next stop?? To do my nails. Its seriously cheaper than anywhere I’ve ever heard off!!! I just check the other day at one of my usual manicure place, they charge RM180++ for just the basic crystal (sui jing) extension. And if you were to top up the nail art/beads/etc it will cost more! And mine????? All-in for NT$1499 (I’ve got 42 combination of small and big crystal stones on my nails) !
- Actually there’s plenty of nail salons around. So do browse around to find your own choice of nail place. The one I went is known as Nail Party. =) The shop is next to this Red House Theatre in Ximending.
Choosing nail design!
Nail-in-process (check out the number of colour selections!)
Look carefully, the manicurist nail is so so much longer than the one I did.
End Product (Loving it, and I just removed it yesterday, sob sob)
- On the same week, Red House Theatre is having some creative design and you can get these artiste to draw pictures, etc and you can buy creative and interesting stuff there. We let the pictures do all the talking ya.
- After my nails and walking around, we went straight back to the hotel.. Why??? Cos my camera fail on me big time. I lost quite a number of pictures and I was so so so so super sad. Went back to the hotel to try to retrieve the pictures but to no avail…. After a while, I try changing my memory card and it finally works. But I have already wasted my day and also some nice, really nice pictures. So we end our day but felt relieve that the remaining (earlier) pictures all still work.
- Its a short post but at least I got my nails done, bought some pretty stuff and end our day.
- As usual some interesting pictures to end this post. Check out those marketing style in Ximending! And check out the last picture! It really gives Ximeding the status as Harajuku of Taiwan. =)