Although tired from continuous walking from the previous days in Taipei, there’s still loads more place and things to see in Taipei. Enjoy reading the devil’s journey in Taipei Day 5! =) Remember to click on the words (bold and coloured) to get to the respective websites for more details. Leave some comments if you like my write-up (give me some love for documenting all these la… hehe).
- Breakfast @ Hotel
- Proceed straight to Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall. CKS is one of the memorial hall or landmark in Taiwan. As I mention earlier, I did not enter all the museums/historical places as I really don’t know how to appreciate. =) Took pictures and ciao after that.
- Take MRT to Ching Kai Shek exit. Come out from the MRT and you will pass through a mini park before getting to the main area. Its a long walk (cos its damn freaking hot) to the memorial hall. =)
- Next up is to Ximending. This is one of the modern and “hip” place to be in Taipei. Hence I “reserve” Ximending for the next few days. You can get loads of stuff/food, everything under the sun. =)
- Had drinks/dessert @ Ximending. Their famous Taro stuff and for me? Pearl Milk Tea (told you I can drown myself in them!). I can’t read Mandarin hence I can’t intro you the shop. But it taste good. =)
The shop with the cute girl =P
The “paging” system
The Taro Ice Thingy
And of course my pearl milk tea (again)
- Next up we went to Modern Toilet restaurant in Ximending. Its one of the much-talked-about restaurant because of the concept. The whole restaurant is based on toilet themed. See below for illustration that comes along with the pictures!
- If you come out from Ximen exit (from MRT station), come out from Exit 6, look for this small lane/alley-like with loads of Tattoo shop around (note for a start, you can see Kevin Tattoo shop). Walk through the lane and cross the road to the other end and you will see a 7-eleven store on your right. To know that you are on the right path, opposite this 7-eleven store is a multi-storey car park, you won’t missed it. The Modern Toilet restaurant is situated opposite 7-eleven and the car park. You won’t missed the big toilet bowl hanging on the building wall!
I don’t think you’ll ever missed this Toilet-Bowl
The entrance to Modern Toilet Restaurant
One of the well-decorated toilet
The Menu (its reusable, just choose your meal and mark it with the whiteboard marker!)
Ideas for your toilet bowl??
And time for food!
Pork Chop stuffed with cheese!
TT – Toilet tomatoes anyone?
Sunken Bath Tub
Sorry no bubble bath, its cheese seafood bath!
Last but not least, the squating toilet – with shit-like ice cream… keke
- I spend my time after lunch to shop around Ximending. If you missed Wufenpu earlier on, don’t fret, there’s plenty of shop that sells ladies clothing at NT$100-NT$150 (note: you can’t try on) and also NT$250-NT$300 for skirts, pants. I don’t mind paying the premium cos you can try it on and its still cheap compared to Malaysia. And if you are uncertain those NT$100 clothes can’t fit, I think its still worth it to buy. Just to make my point, I saw one blouse selling for NT$100 and I was hesitating and ended up I didn’t buy cos I was afraid that it doesn’t look good on me. After my Taipei trip, I saw the exact same (same!) blouse selling for RM79.90!!!
- After jalan jalan a bit, I bought skirts, blouse, bikini top, tubes and was famished! So what’s famous in Ximending???? Ay-Chung Flour Rice Noodle!!!! Or some ppl just called it A Zhong Mee Sua. The queue was crazy but manageable. And you gotta try this when you are in Taipei! How can I describe this? Hmm… Its juicy, accompany with fat chewy intestines and sometimes I felt the mee sua practically melt and blend well with the gravy. *gosh* Ppl from all ages queue and eat this superb mee sua, standing!!!
Ay-Chung Flour Rice Noodle
Check out the queue
Everyone stands at every corner enjoying this delicious, magical mee sua
The picture doesn’t do justice to its taste k… =)
- After makan, what to do? Continue shopping lor. LOL… Shopping needs a lot of endurance ok. Hhaha… If you realise the trend in Taiwan, most of the youngster don’t wear cool sandals like me *cough*… heheh No la, they actually wear sneakers ranging from Converse, Nike, Adidas and others. So my next purchase shall be a casual sneakers!!!
- After walk n walk, I decided to go colour my hair. Head itchy la, so I went ahead to colour my hair cos its cheap lor. NT$799 to colour and someone went to cut his hair. His hair also itchy lor. Heheh… But my colour turn out ok ok only la… Should have chose a brighter colour. heheh..
Hiao-hiao man went to cut his hair
Me and my hair dresser (ain’t she cute??)
- Then we went to this Bar by the side of Ximending and ordered some Beer and relax.
- Then before heading back to Hotel, we gave a try to their famous 85 Degree Cafe. I think for the presentation of the food, the price is well worth it. =D
- As usual before I end my post, Some cool stuff spotted in Ximending!! Enjoy the pics. =D
Big Red Bull on a Mini (ironic huh?)
Ximending – Day time
Ximending – Night time
Last but not least…. meet Puki!!! (haha)
Wonder what they call Puki’s mother??????
No la, don’t be so bad, its called Pu-Ma!!! (hiak hiak)